Trust Creation and Trust Administration
Trusts have been used throughout history and are a very useful legal arrangement that can help in estate planning with the mitigation of exposure to tax and also with asset protection when making provision for future generations of your family.
Put simply, a trust is where you give the ownership of your assets to someone known as a trustee to look after for the benefit of another person (or group of people) known as beneficiaries.
Our specialist team of trust lawyers can help with a number of different trust matters including:
The set up of a variety of different lifetime trusts to help reduce exposure to Inheritance Tax, including:
Spousal by-pass trusts for pensions
Life insurance policy trusts
Shareholder / Director Protection Policy Trusts
Gift and Loan Trusts
Help with the administration of trusts including tax compliance and advice on the on-going duties and responsibilities of being a trustee
- Trust paperwork including minutes of meetings, paperwork associated with the winding up of trusts and documents relating to the distribution of trust funds
- The appointment and retirement of trustees
- The restructuring of existing trusts
- Set up and administration of Charities
- Will trusts including trusts for business and/or agricultural property/assets or otherwise for protection against possible future care home fees or divorce or against other third party claims
- Trusts to define the ownership of land or property (known as Declarations of Trust)