Leon is an experienced residential property lawyer based in Uckfield and Seaford, with over ten years experience of supporting individuals and their families to buy and sell homes. Having previously worked for one of the largest Estate Agent networks in the country, Leon has a unique understanding of both the national and regional housing market in Sussex and is consistently relied upon by clients and colleagues alike to supply pragmatic solutions to a diverse range of legal issues that ensure property sales and purchases complete both smoothly and without fuss.
Leon’s clients come from all walks of life – from those establishing themselves on the property ladder for the first time, to families in later life looking to move or downsize as they reach retirement. Whilst he works closely with the Uckfield community, he also advises clients across the South East.
Experience and approach
Leon prides himself on delivering a highly personable service and is always keen to meet his clients face-to-face so he can understand each individual’s personal circumstances and clearly explain the stages of any house sale or purchase, rather than leaving them to struggle alone with many of the forms entailed within the process of buying and selling property.
The result, coupled with the breadth of this experience, puts Leon in the best position to give people considered, well rounded advice to enable them to make a very informed decision about buying or selling what will usually be their most valuable asset during their lifetime.
Areas of expertise
- Buying and selling of property
- Mortgages / remortgages / transfers of equity
- Conveyancing to give effect to matrimonial separations and divorce
- Conveyancing to give effect to Wills and Trusts
- Advice on joint ownership and Declarations of Trust
- Buying ‘newbuild’ properties
- Council Right to Buy Acquisitions
- Lease Extensions
- Varying terms of lease to make them mortgage compliant
- Shared ownership leases
- Sheltered accommodation leases (age restricted); Park home sales and purchase; Dealing with unregistered land, missing landlords, flying freeholds, tyneside leases, freehold flats, various maisonette arrangements, defective leases, solar panel leases, adverse possession claims, the creation and extinguishment of easements, the release of restrictive covenants
What Leon’s clients say
“Leon was exceptionally patient in explaining the technical detail in the depth we wanted.”
Mr P Doggett – 2016
“Leon was very approachable and even came to meet me at the Estate Agents at one point.”
Mr & Mrs Winton – 2016
The Inland Revenue recently named and shamed a number of Estate Agents penalised for failure to register their anti-money laundering business practices with HMRC. Countrywide,…
Home owners often confuse “Radon” with certain branded washing machine powders, possibly even a water softener, much less frequently with what it actually is… a…