Advice for Insolvency Practitioners
Our specialist restructuring and insolvency lawyers work with Insolvency Practitioners in dealing with their appointment, investigations and actions against the directors or bankrupts
The team has a great deal of experience in offering Insolvency Practitioners a detailed, commercial and highly efficient service.
We have, through the use of our experts and solicitors from other relevant teams been able to claw back huge sums of monies for the benefit of the creditors. This has been achieved through the appropriate use of court actions and careful and considered negotiations where it is not necessary or prudent to use the court. These recoveries have been as a result of carefully identifying potential claims against directors for amongst others:
- Transactions at an undervalue; and
- Outstanding directors loan accounts.
Our team can bring proceedings and pursue directors to recover monies for the benefit of creditors. In addition, we are able to successfully file the appropriate documents to appoint the liquidator or the administrator to ensure that the company can be rescued or alternatively deal with it in the most appropriate way which may include the sale of all or part of the business.
To complement our litigation expertise, we offer the following non-litigation services to our insolvency practitioner clients:
- The appointment of administrators
- The sale of the business (or parts of it) out of either Administration or Liquidation
- The sale of assets within a bankruptcy estate (usually but not limited to the matrimonial home) for the benefit of the creditors.