Why choose Rix & Kay’s dedicated probate team?
Our large Probate Team have specialist experience in assisting Executors and Administrators in a sensitive and efficient way. A dedicated probate executive is appointed to each client to guide them through the whole probate process yet it is left it to the client to choose how much, or little, assistance they need from our experts.
Our team can help you with:
- Identifying the Executor/Administrator’s responsibilities
- Dealing with intestacy
- Securing the assets of the deceased
- Preparing Grant of Representation papers for the Probate Registry
- Administering the estate
- Inheritance tax planning and Capital Gains tax advice
- Set up or wind down of trusts: Discretionary, Nil Rate Band or Life Interest
- Completing trust & estates tax return
- Contested probate
Please note we strongly recommend seeking professional advice in the following circumstances:
- Where the value of the estate is over the Inheritance Tax threshold.
- The estate is complicated due to it earning an income, there are trusts involved or there are foreign assets.
- If there is any suspicion that the estate is bankrupt or insolvent.
- The deceased lived outside the UK for tax reasons.
- There are dependents who the deceased deliberately excluded from the will
Get in touch
Whatever your situation we’d be happy to give guidance, please contact us so we can help make law easy for you.
“I can not see how you can improve your service.”
The Administrators of Mrs I. M. H.