Our Probate Team have specialist experience in assisting Executors and Administrators to deal with what is a difficult time for families in a sensitive and efficient way. The team have a proven track record in dealing with the legalities and issues in administering an Estate.
Our team provide a sympathetic and empathic approach to the needs and requirements of the Executor/Administrator and they provide a bespoke service tailored to your needs at a very competitive rate.
Rix & Kay understand the importance of client relationships and that is why we offer a dedicated probate assistant to each case. The dedicated probate assistant is overseen by a specialist Probate Manager who can draw on the knowledge of one of our solicitors when dealing with a difficult or complex area of law. This arrangement provides value for money as well as a bespoke service offered in a practical way.
The services we offer are:
- Offering initial guidance and support to Executors / Administrators
- Obtaining date of death valuations for assets and liabilities
- Preparing Probate Papers (including inheritance tax forms)
- Administering the Estate – collecting assets / transferring assets / dealing with liabilities
- Dealing with and paying legacies and distributing the estate
- Dealing with Intestacy advising on order of inheritance and assisting with the preparation of a Family Tree
- Finalising the deceased’s lifetime Tax affairs
- Providing advice and guidance on the terms of a Will or where there is no Will, the intestacy rules
- Assisting in tracing missing beneficiaries
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Discretionary Trusts / Nil Rate Band Trusts setting up or winding up Trusts
- Life Interest Trusts
- Trust & Estates Tax Return
- Capital Gains Tax issues