Skip to content

How to resolve a problem with our service

We always strive to deliver excellence in our service but should a problem arise at any time or you are unhappy with the service you receive, including a complaint about our bills, we would ask that, in the first instance, you please contact the person dealing with your case.  If this does not resolve any difficulty, please contact the supervisor or partner in charge or contact the Client Service Partner: Richard Cripps on 01825 761555, or by post at PO Box 468, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 9GQ, marking your letter “Complaint”.

Our full written complaints handling procedure is available upon request by contacting

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 5550333 or to consider the complaint.  Normally you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.

The Legal Ombudsman’s website address is:  If calling from overseas you may call +44 121 245 3050.  This service is open to all members of the public, certain small businesses, charities, clubs, societies, associations and trusts.

You must refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman no later than 6 years from the date of the act or omission which gave rise to your complaint or three years from when you should reasonably have known you had cause for complaint.  You may also complain to the Ombudsman if we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks of it being made to us.  Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final written response on your complaint.