Managing your staff can be a time-consuming and complicated task. At Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP we have created our Gatekeeper Employment Law Service (“Gatekeeper”) to give you peace of mind in all your employment-related issues. This service is operated by Amy White.
What Gatekeeper provides
- We will visit your premises to familiarise ourselves with your company;
- We will update (or draft from scratch if necessary) your contracts of employment and other employment documents and policies and will provide updates as changes in legislation and good practice occur;
- We will provide you with employment advice by email or telephone Monday to Friday;
- We will draft any letters that are required for issues such as redundancy, grievance, capability, disciplinary, maternity, flexible working or long-term sickness, as well as helping you throughout the process;
- We will give a free of charge half-day training session on a subject appropriate to your business, e.g. equal opportunities or grievance, capability and disciplinary procedures.
- Fixed fees for Gatekeeper are calculated according to the size of your company and your individual needs;
- Payment for Gatekeeper is made monthly in advance by standing order;
- We do not lock you into any long-term contract as we believe it is far better that clients stay with us because they are happy with our service, not because they have to.
- We are able to arrange, for a separate fee, insurance cover which would cover your business if a claim were to be issued against you in an Employment Tribunal;
- Using the services of an authorised Health & Safety professional, we are also able to offer, for a separate fee, a health and safety audit and on-going health and safety advice.
The Gatekeeper Team
Amy White – Associate Solicitor
Amy is an employment lawyer based in Rix & Kay’s Uckfield office and a key member of the firm’s wider employment law team that advises clients across the South East including Brighton & Hove. She has a wide range of commercial legal experience, having spent time working in Rix & Kay’s Corporate and Commercial Team before settling on employment law as her field of interest.
Telephone: 01825 744489
Lynn Marlow – Employment Paralegal and Assistant to Amy White
Lynn has worked with the firm since 2007 and has been involved with Gatekeeper since its inception. Based in the firm’s Uckfield office, Lynn works closely with Amy providing support to Gatekeeper clients in connection with a range of HR and employment issues. Lynn is often the first port of call for Gatekeeper clients with whom she liaises on a day to day basis.
Telephone: 01825 744448
Georgina Hardcastle – HR Consultant
Georgie worked with Rix & Kay between April 2007 and March 2010 as the Company’s HR Manager. Georgie returned to the firm in January 2016 and now assists with the preparation of staff handbooks and company policies and procedures as part of the Gatekeeper Team. Georgie is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel and Development.
Telephone: 01825 744409