Our Dispute Resolution team at Rix & Kay can provide advice and help to creditors, directors, companies and individuals who are facing financial problems. We have expertise in personal insolvency, including bankruptcy and Individual Voluntary Arrangements and also in all corporate insolvency and recovery procedures. Below is a summary of the types of instruction we typically receive:
We can act for you on:
- Advising you on Personal Guarantees
- Advice on your family home and other assets
- Proceedings that may be threatened against you or your company by creditors or the liquidator of a company where you were a director, such as misfeasance actions, wrongful trading or preference actions
- Advising you and defending you in connection with directors disqualification proceedings, including making applications for leave to act as a director whilst disqualified
- Advice on setting up new companies with similar names
- Allegations of fraud
We can provide advice on all aspects of restructuring and also on Administration, Liquidation and Company Voluntary Arrangements. We can deal with actions taken by creditors against your company where a statutory demand has been served or where winding up proceedings are threatened. Where your company is a creditor we can provide you with representation at creditors meetings and advice on voting.
We act for Insolvency Practitioners in their capacity as trustees in bankruptcy, Administrators, Liquidators and supervisors of IVAs and CVAs. We also act for Insolvency Practitioners in all types of insolvency related court proceedings (from bankruptcy repossessions to preference and misfeasance claims) and provide advice to them on security documentation, validity of appointment and sale and purchase of company assets.
We can act for individuals facing financial difficulties and provide their spouses/ partners with advice on their assets. We can help with:
- Actions taken against you by your spouse / partner’s trustee in bankruptcy
- Examination in court by a trustee in bankruptcy
- Applications for annulment of bankruptcy
Our Dispute Resolution team are recognised as a leading firm in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 UK for Insolvency & Corporate Recovery (Brighton).