Department: Commercial Property and Planning
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial Property team at Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP office in Hove.
The role would suit an individual who is an experienced paralegal or has experience of working in a Commercial Property Department. Candidate should be keen to develop their skills and technical knowledge and be able to show a commitment to this area of law.
The workload will involve providing a support on wide range of matters within a busy team.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Taking initial instructions on the telephone
• Preparing risk assessments on cases
• Opening client files
• Liaising directly with clients and agents
• Using precedents where appropriate and complete standard documents (mortgage deeds etc)
• Conducting all own administration
• Completing reports on client’s documents
• Proficiency and accuracy in SDLT and Land Registry Matters
• Proficiency and accuracy in preparing completion statements, invoices and all pre and post property completion aspects relating to property transactions
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well respected Commercial Property team, giving your career as a Paralegal an excellent enhancement and a broad base of experience.
The personal qualities we are looking for:
• Confidence in dealing with clients and other external contacts
• Excellent organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage a large workload to the highest standard
• Team player with a positive and flexible approach
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Commercial awareness in application to chargeable hours
• Capability of taking on initiative and responsibility
If you have the ambition and necessary skills to succeed in this demanding role, then please apply here. Alternatively apply in writing enclosing your CV and details of your current salary to Yulia Francis, HR Assistant or Jenny Reardon, HR Manager, Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP, The Courtyard, River Way, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1SL, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.