Making law easy for you
Solicitors for Agricultural Businesses
Rix & Kay has for decades been advising farmers and rural business owners. We have a detailed understanding of economic, legal and agricultural issues and our dedicated team consists of solicitors who are heavily involved in the farming community enabling them to understand the key issues facing farmers and landowners.
Our Rural Business team is dedicated in working alongside clients and their accountants, land agents and financial institutions to ensure we know the issues involved. We are specialists in the following areas:
- Farm Sales & Estate Purchases & Leasing
- Diversification including Planning Advice
- Building and Land conversion
- Supply Agreements and Terms of Business
- Boundary Disputes
- Agricultural Tenancies and Licences
- Family Trusts, Wills, Estate Administration and Wealth Preservation including Succession Planning
- Rural Property Law, including Common Land and Rights
- Utility Way Leaves and Telecommunications
- Countryside & Granting Rights of Way (including Coastal Access Issues)
- Development Land Agreements
Our Rural Business team is recognised as a leading firm for Agriculture and Estates in the 2017 edition of The Legal 500 UK and as a leading firm for Agriculture & Rural Affairs (Brighton and Surrounds) in Chambers UK 2017.
“Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP handles the full breadth of rural and agricultural matters for both businesses and private individuals, and has a strong presence in the farming, horticulture, viticulture and food production sectors. Practice head Richard Cripps specialises in commercial property, handling the financing and property aspects of mergers and acquisitions”.
Quote from the 2017 edition of the The Legal 500 UK