Solicitors for Agricultural Businesses
Rix & Kay has a detailed understanding of the economic, legal and agricultural issues affecting farmers, landowners and rural business owners, having operated in this sector for decades. Our dedicated Rural Business team consists of solicitors who are heavily involved in the farming community.
Our Rural Business team works alongside clients and their accountants, land agents, financial institutions and other trusted advisors to ensure we fully understand the range of issues involved for each client.
We put together dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams to provide commercial solutions tailored to each client’s needs.
We are specialists in the following areas:
- Farm sales, estate purchases and leasing
- Diversification, including planning advice
- Building and land conversion
- Supply agreements and terms of business
- Boundary disputes
- Agricultural tenancies and licences
- Family trusts, wills, estate administration and wealth preservation
- Estate succession planning
- Business succession planning
- Rural property law, including common land and rights
- Utility way leaves and telecommunications
- Countryside and granting rights of way (including coastal access issues)
- Development land agreements
“Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP has a longstanding track record advising farmers and rural business owners in Sussex, Kent and beyond on issues concerning the rural business communities in the region. Key figures include Richard Cripps, who is regularly called on to advise on issues stemming from the acquisition and sale of rural property, from secured financing transactions to shareholder and partnership agreements; and Bruce Hayter who has more than 30 years’ experience working with farming clients across the South East.”
Legal 500 2019