Solicitors for Agricultural Businesses
Rix & Kay has a detailed understanding of the economic, legal and agricultural issues affecting farmers, landowners and rural business owners, having operated in this sector for decades. Our dedicated Rural Business team consists of solicitors who are heavily involved in the farming community.
Our Rural Business team works alongside clients and their accountants, land agents, financial institutions and other trusted advisors to ensure we fully understand the range of issues involved for each client.
We put together dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams to provide commercial solutions tailored to each client’s needs.
We are specialists in the following areas:
- Farm sales, estate purchases and leasing
- Diversification, including planning advice
- Building and land conversion
- Supply agreements and terms of business
- Boundary disputes
- Agricultural tenancies and licences
- Family trusts, wills, estate administration and wealth preservation
- Estate succession planning
- Business succession planning
- Rural property law, including common land and rights
- Utility way leaves and telecommunications
- Countryside and granting rights of way (including coastal access issues)
- Development land agreements
The rural business team at Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP has a long-standing tradition of assisting the farming and rural business communities in Sussex and Kent and beyond. The team members act for landowners and farmers on the acquisition and sale of agricultural land, deal with farm business agreements and partnerships and agricultural easements. The practice is headed by Richard Cripps in Sevenoaks.
‘Rix & Kay have the expertise to deal with some of the most unusual and complicated rural properties‘.
Legal 500, 2021