ISO 9001 and Lexcel accredited legal advice
Rix & Kay maintains exceptionally high levels of quality assurance. We are ISO 9001 and Lexcel accredited. Lexcel is the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark for practice management and client care. It provides a flexible, supportive management framework to help practices develop consistent operational efficiencies and client services, manage risk effectively, reduce costs and promote profitability.
Law firms undergo stringent assessments on a regular basis to maintain accreditation. Rix & Kay was last audited by Lexcel in August 2019.
The audit concluded that Rix & Kay maintains its certification for both quality management standards, highlighting no fewer than 50 areas of good practice. Highlights included:
- Culture of lawyers being business advisers in possession of technical professional expertise, and of a signposting ability derived from experience, for example assisting clients, through law and contacts to create, preserve and pass on their wealth.
- Running client focus groups and listening to client needs.
- Diligent measurement against quality objectives.
- Dementia Friendly champions, qualified to train others in the practice, to enhance relevant client care and risk awareness.
- Highest levels of client confidentiality in front of house and reception areas.
- Meaningful support to staff aspiring to attain professional qualifications including CILEx, the Advanced Certificate in Compliance (ICA), ACTAPS and STEP.
- Inductees receive an induction schedule in advance of joining, and receive a comprehensive induction pack including practical guides with colour screenshots, providing a very effective aide-memoire particularly as the inductee settles into their role.
- Examples of highly effective supervision abound, technical and pastoral, in and across all offices, including regular team meetings, monitored delegation of tasks, co-working on files, checking of drafts and an ‘open door’ approach. The strong spirit of teamwork that pervades the practice amplifies the effectiveness of supervision.
- Inspection of client feedback records and interview evidence shows that there are very high client satisfaction levels, with a commensurate high likelihood of repeat instructions and recommendations.
We will always strive to deliver excellence in our service but should you become concerned or unhappy please refer to our guide on how to resolve a problem with our service.