At Rix & Kay, we are committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our business operations through a programme of continuous improvement in our performance.
We are members of the Legal Sustainability Alliance (LSA), which is an inclusive movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices. As a member of the LSA, we have committed to a set of principles that are encapsulated within the policy below.
We commit to:
- continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations
- reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources
- measure, manage and reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities
- manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling
- ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services and work with external stakeholders to reduce our indirect impact on climate change
- comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation
- integrate awareness of climate change across our business
- consider the implications of climate change in the advice we give
- work collaboratively to engage in the public debate on climate change and to develop, apply and promote best practice across the legal sector
- report on our progress and be accountable
Wherever possible, all Rix & Kay’s printed materials are produced using sustainable source paper and printed with vegetable-based inks. Our brochures are a case in point.