Rix & Kay has always been an integral part of the communities we serve and we work in partnership to support many organisations across Sussex, Kent and the wider South East.
As a firm we are committed to making a positive contribution to our community, staff and clients, whilst striving to minimise our impact on the environment.
Our overall Corporate Social Responsibility agenda is based around the following core areas:
Rix & Kay supports a number of community based projects. Our priorities are:
Dementia Action Alliance
The firm works in partnership with the Dementia Action Alliance helping to raise awareness of dementia and encouraging professional and commercial organisations to become Dementia Friendly. All of Rix & Kay’s staff are trained in dementia friendly awareness and the firm has been awarded the dementia friendly kite mark.
Read our latest press announcement on our work with the Dementia Action Alliance
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
Rix & Kay work in partnership with the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust providing in-kind legal support for projects and expeditions that are critical to the Trust’s success. in 2017 Rix & Kay were instrumental in supporting them on an expedition project to increase conservation efforts for the Bewick Swan, advising on employment matters along with sponsorship, confidentiality rights and intellectual property.
Raystede Animal Rescue Centre
Rix & Kay work closely with Raystede and a number of employees provide Trustee and volunteering support to one of the largest animal charities in the South East. The firm also support the charity through specially arranged volunteer support days where staff are given the opportunity to complete project based activities at the charity’s main centre based in Ringmer, East Sussex.
EHE Rare Cancer Charity
Each year the firm supports a nominated Charity of the Year, currently EHE Rare Cancer Charity. Rix & Kay’s firm wide fundraising activities support the charity and promote EHE awareness.
At Rix & Kay we believe that people lie at the heart of our business. We have an open, inclusive and friendly culture that supports teamwork as well as empowering every individual to achieve their potential. We value new ideas and encourage different opinions so that everyone can make their contribution count and share in our success.
We are committed to providing an environment where all staff are treated equally regardless of their racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or marital status. We embrace diversity and focus on recruiting and retaining outstanding individuals.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our business operations and are members of the Legal Sustainability Alliance (LSA), an inclusive movement of law firms and organisations working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our business operations through a programme of continuous improvement in our performance.
As a member of the LSA, we have committed to a set of principles that are encapsulated within the policy. We commit to:
- continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations
- reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources
- measure, manage and reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities
- manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling
- ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services and work with external stakeholders to reduce our indirect impact on climate change
- comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation
- integrate awareness of climate change across our business
- consider the implications of climate change in the advice we give
- work collaboratively to engage in the public debate on climate change and to develop, apply and promote best practice across the legal sector
- report on our progress and be accountable
Wherever possible, all Rix & Kay’s printed materials are produced using sustainable source paper and printed with vegetable-based inks. Our brochures are a case in point.