Money claims through the County Court

1st March 2012 | Written by Francis Wallace

As from 19th March 2012, if you want to make a County Court money claim you must send the claim by post to the County Court Money Claims Centre in Salford.

Cases, which become defended, will be transferred to an appropriate local County Court. Where the defendant is an individual rather than a company, this will generally be the County Court for the area where they live.

Claims can still be issued on-line via Northampton County Court. Postal claims issued through the centre in Salford will also bear the name of the Northampton Court.

Claims, which include remedies other than payment of money, are not affected and can still be issued in the local County Court.

If you wish to know about HM Courts & Tribunal Services, go to or you have a query in relation to a dispute, contact Francis Wallace on 01825 761555.