Probate team above from left to right: Dominic Maher, Julie Delauve, Tara Lock, Sharon McCollum, Fran Brooks, Janet Deller and Will Norton.
Our Probate Team have specialist experience in assisting Executors and Administrators to deal with what is a difficult time for families in a sensitive and efficient way. The team have a proven track record in dealing with the legalities and issues in administering an Estate.
Our team provide a sympathetic and empathic approach to the needs and requirements of the Executor/Administrator and they provide a bespoke service tailored to your needs at a very competitive rate.
Rix & Kay understand the importance of client relationships and that is why we offer a dedicated probate assistant to each case. The dedicated probate assistant is overseen by a specialist Probate Manager who can draw on the knowledge of one of our solicitors when dealing with a difficult or complex area of law. This arrangement provides value for money as well as a bespoke service offered in a practical way.
The services we offer are:
- Offering initial guidance and support to Executors / Administrators
- Obtaining date of death valuations for assets and liabilities
- Preparing Probate Papers (including inheritance tax forms)
- Administering the Estate – collecting assets / transferring assets / dealing with liabilities
- Dealing with and paying legacies and distributing the estate
- Dealing with Intestacy advising on order of inheritance and assisting with the preparation of a Family Tree
- Finalising the deceased’s lifetime Tax affairs
- Providing advice and guidance on the terms of a Will or where there is no Will, the intestacy rules
- Assisting in tracing missing beneficiaries
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Discretionary Trusts / Nil Rate Band Trusts setting up or winding up Trusts
- Life Interest Trusts
- Trust & Estates Tax Return
- Capital Gains Tax issues
Our probate team are recognised as a leading firm in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 UK.