Solicitors for Agricultural Businesses
Rix & Kay has for decades been advising farmers and rural business owners. We have a detailed understanding of economic, legal and agricultural issues and our dedicated team consists of solicitors who are heavily involved in the farming community enabling them to understand the key issues facing farmers and landowners.
Our Rural Business team is dedicated in working alongside clients and their accountants, land agents and financial institutions to ensure we know the issues involved. We are specialists in the following areas:
- Farm Sales & Estate Purchases & Leasing
- Diversification including Planning Advice
- Building and Land conversion
- Supply Agreements and Terms of Business
- Boundary Disputes
- Agricultural Tenancies and Licences
- Family Trusts, Wills, Estate Administration and Wealth Preservation including Succession Planning
- Rural Property Law, including Common Land and Rights
- Utility Way Leaves and Telecommunications
- Countryside & Granting Rights of Way (including Coastal Access Issues)
- Development Land Agreements
Our Rural Business team is recognised as a leading firm for Agriculture and Estates in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 UK and as a leading firm for Agriculture & Rural Affairs (Brighton and Surrounds) in Chambers UK 2017.
The “extremely good” Nick Fagg of Rix & Kay Solicitors LLP is described as “an expert in land purchases with agricultural issues.” He handles property and tax matters. – Chambers UK 2017